Duration: 5 years is suggested or until the next reunion. Terms are renewable and new liaisons may be chosen at reunion.
Suggested number of liaisons per class: 2-3 members or more.
Description/Responsibilities: The Class Liaison serves as Winsor’s key connection to each alumnae class. The primary focus of this job is to communicate with classmates and Winsor, to generate enthusiasm for Winsor, to encourage participation in alumnae events at Winsor and participation in the Annual Fund by making a gift each year.
For your class:
- Stay in contact with classmates and help Winsor communicate with them, particularly in locating lost classmates and encouraging them to update their contact information using Winsor’s online update forms.
- Participate in a class liaison conference call when offered (usually twice yearly) to share ideas and to stay informed about the school today.
- Host or organize class gatherings annually or more frequently.
- Use the online alumnae community, MyWinsor Connection, to post announcements for your class and facilitate discussions on the Class Discussion Board.
For the Annual Giving:
- Make your own gift to Annual Giving.
- Approve and/or edit a draft of a letter to go to your classmates soliciting a gift for the Annual Giving.
- Recruit a couple classmates to attend a phonathon or help with your outreach.
- Write notes or call classmates thanking them for their gifts.
For Alumnae Events:
- Call/email/write classmates to encourage attendance at Winsor events such as Alumnae Weekend, Under the Lights, and other events planned during the year, and attend events yourself whenever possible.
The staff of the Development and Alumnae Office assists the Class Liaison by providing advice, instruction and general support. Members of the Alumnae Board and Young Alumnae Committee also serve as a resource.