It is Winsor's philosophy to keep the school within reach of many girls. Having talented students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds strengthens Winsor in every way. The cost of an independent school education can seem daunting. A Winsor education is no exception; it is a major investment in a girl's future. If you believe Winsor is the school for your daughter, we encourage you to explore ways to bring the cost within your own reach.
For the 2018-2019 academic year Winsor's comprehensive tuition is $48,400.
We welcome applications for tuition assistance and offer a variety of payment plans. Families with a wide range of income levels apply for aid.
|Income & Sample Financial Aid Services
| Income Range
|| Average Aid Award
| $25,000 - 89,000
| $90,000 - 159,000
To be considered for tuition assistance, families with students currently enrolled and families with students who wish to apply to the Winsor School must complete the SSS application. We recommend that you begin the process as soon as possible. You may start the financial aid application using estimated data as early as October. Your complete and final application with all required documentation is due no later than February 15th. We cannot offer assistance to families whose applications are incomplete.
- Are decisions about admission and financial aid made separately?
- How much assistance is available?
- Do a significant number of girls qualify?
- Are awards based on need or merit?
- Do only families at specific income levels qualify?
- How do families apply for aid?
- Do families need to re-apply for financial aid each year?
- If my daughter enrolls and does not receive tuition assistance, can we apply for aid in the future?
- When are families informed of decisions?
- How do we learn more?
- What is included in the tuition charge?
To confidentially inquire about tuition assistance, parents must apply for financial aid online. Winsor uses the tuition assistance calculation service established by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and its School and Student Services (SSS) to make financial assistance awards. This process begins early October, and the deadline is February 15th. We strongly advise you to begin working on the application as soon as possible. The school requires that both natural parents contribute to the cost of education for their child to the extent of their ability. If the student’s parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, both will be asked to privately complete their own financial aid application.
Yes. We are committed to continuing to support families who receive tuition assistance. However, awards are not renewed automatically each year. Families who have received assistance will be invited to apply for the next year. Those families may expect to receive a similar proportion of tuition assistance from year to year provided that the family’s and the school’s financial circumstances remain essentially the same. A significant change up or down in the financial profile may result in a change in the tuition assistance package.
Tuition Payment Plan Options
A number of Winsor families participate in one of three plans. You may pay with a credit card or through your checking account.
- Monthly Payment Plan-Ten Equal Monthly Installments.
- Two-Payment Plan-Payments are due in equal amounts on August 1 and January 1.
- Pay in Full-Families choosing to pay in full by August 1 receive a 1% tuition discount.
Details are included in brochures available from Winsor.