Join us for the final discussion of our engaging series focused on the question, "What Does It Mean to be American?" You don't need to have attended the earlier forums to come to this one.
We will serve a light dinner from 6:00-6:30 and the forum will begin at 6:30.
We will delve deeper into this complex question as we explore some of the prompts below and more:
- Who gets to decide who is an American?
- Who gets left out? Why?
- How do we, ourselves, define being American?
- What does the media tell us about who Americans are?
- What does this question mean at Winsor? Why is it important?
- What are privileges that come with being American and how can we use our privileges to help others?
CLICK HERE to register now.
PA/PND Committee for the Parent Forum:
Eman Ansari, mother of Danah (Class III) and Leanne (Class VII)
Candace Cheatham, mother of Mya (Class VI)
Matthew Gibson, father of Lillian (Class VI)
Ann Glynn, mother of Madison (Class III) and Abigail (Class IV)
Kamau Karanja, father of Sora (Class IV) and Hana (Class VII)
Itayi Mungah, mother of Maita Mungah (Class V)
Dorothee Rozenberg, mother of Sarah Albert-Rozenberg (Class VII)
Alicia Rivera and Jose Romero, parents of Veronica Romero-Rivera (Class III)
Georgia Simpson, mother of Jaire Mai (Class III)
Parking: Please park in the 375 Longwood Avenue lot.
RSVP using the link below.