Class Parent Representatives (I-VIII)
- Attend as many Parents’ Association meetings and programs as possible, including the organizational and training meeting at the beginning of the year, other parent volunteer meetings, the Director’s coffee, and the end-of-year breakfast.
- Participate in new student orientation (Classes I, II, III, V, and VI only) by contacting new families over the summer and attending the PA welcome event at student/parent orientation.
- Organize an e-mail chain early in September.
- Use the parent e-mail chain to remind parents of upcoming class events and occasional class business.
- Coordinate one faculty appreciation breakfast in the faculty room. Each class is responsible for one breakfast, assigned on a monthly basis.
- Work with the director of parent relations to organize 2 - 3 parent gatherings for each class.
- Work with class coordinators and the community service coordinators to support a class service learning event (Classes I-IV only)
- Lower School class parent representatives attend the Lower School family picnic and ask volunteers to help with nametags and greeting parents.
- Class parent representatives recruit parentsfor various volunteer roles such as dance chaperones and hosts for parent visiting days.
Each class representative also has specific tasks for his/her class. A list of these responsibilities will be given to each class representative.
Time Commitment: Several hours per week throughout the academic year.