The Winsor School is an independent girls' school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. Our diverse, vibrant community values intellectual curiosity, authentic engagement, and personal integrity, and prepares young women to pursue their aspirations and contribute to the world. Winsor strives to create an environment of respect and inclusion. The Advancement Office supports The Winsor School by raising the necessary funds to meet the school's needs and further its mission. We are currently seeking a Campaign Director and Senior Major Gift Officer. Please email your cover letter and resume to WinsorPlannedMajorGiving@developmentguild.com.
Reporting directly to the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), the Campaign Director and Senior Major Gift Officer (Campaign Director) will work closely with senior-level development volunteers, trustees and other key stakeholders. The Campaign Director will plan and implement strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of major prospects and donors; will help establish fundraising goals and objectives; and will play a strategic role in strengthening the relationship between Winsor and its constituencies. The Campaign Director will also carry a personal portfolio of prospects and donors and will be expected to meet ambitious fundraising goals.
· Direct campaign planning and execution in collaboration with the CAO and other stakeholders to develop and execute a campaign calendar to ensure the achievement of key milestones.
· Work with CAO to implement recommendations of soon-to-be-completed campaign feasibility study (Note: feasibility study already in progress.).
· In collaboration with the CAO, provide critical support and staffing for the Campaign Steering Committee and other campaign subcommittees, including managing solicitations and preparing marketing materials.
· Manage stewardship for campaign leadership donors.
· Manage the solicitation process and pipeline for the CAO and Head of School.
· Lead strategic efforts for campaign pipeline movement, gift proposals, campaign policy development, and goal setting.
· Manage campaign budget and develop campaign tracking systems and reports.
· Coordinate campaign events.
· Direct and oversee prospect research.
Major Gift Portfolio Management
· Grow and manage a portfolio of 150-200 prospects capable of making five- to seven-figure gifts.
· Ensure that key prospects are actively managed with regular face-to-face meetings and outreach with prospects to communicate campaign goals and move prospects along the major gifts pipeline.
· Enhance operational efficiency for Winsor's major giving program and help ensure that all systems and processes—from gift documentation to systems reporting—are accurate and tailored to align with the needs of the Advancement Office and requirements of the Business Office.
· Prepare and present written and oral briefings, follow-up materials, and contact reports on major gift prospects/donors in a timely manner.
· Write, edit, and proofread proposals, letters, and other correspondence.
· Work collaboratively with Advancement staff to devise and recommend cultivation and solicitation strategies; serve as a resource for staff and volunteers.
· Lead the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship for major gifts donors in collaboration with colleagues.
· Represent the School at alumnae, parent, and other constituent events.
· Work strategically, as assigned, with the Head of School, other senior administrators, faculty, staff, and volunteer leaders to support fundraising priorities.
· Acknowledge personally all gifts from assigned prospects.
· Visit specified regions across the country to cultivate prospective donors, staff senior administrators at events, and coordinate logistics for strategic visits.
· In collaboration with the CAO, provide critical support and staffing for the Board of Trustees, the Corporation, and the Advancement Committee.
· Engage volunteers in a variety of roles, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and events.
· Meet quarterly benchmarks and goals based on activity with prospects/donors and annual fundraising goals.
· Deep commitment to independent school education.
· Keen understanding of Winsor's mission and goals, and the ability to articulate the School's uniqueness and relevance.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a strong ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
· Minimum of 10 years' experience in major gifts fundraising and campaign management in a college, independent school, or other mission-driven nonprofit institution.
· Proven record of closing major gifts.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and meet established personal and team goals.
· Highest level of integrity, discretion, and respect for donor confidentiality and handling of sensitive information, tasks, and relationships.
· Experience with budgets, reporting tools, and best practices for tracking campaign and major gifts moves management.
· Skill in proofreading and editing, attention to detail, and follow-through. Computer literacy, particularly in word processing, PowerPoint, using internet resources, and using databases required. Comfort with online fundraising and social media.
· Bachelor's degree required, and Master's degree preferred.
· Some travel and weekend and after-hours work required.
For more information about The Winsor School please visit https://www.winsor.edu/
For more information about Development Guild DDI, please visit www.developmentguild.com